Oh, the weather outside is frightful! But, the fire is so delightful…Yes, my beautiful Girl Bosses! Winter is coming! (Game of Thrones fans up in here?) Follow these skincare tips to keep your skin looking and feeling good, in time as the winter chill sets in.
- As the air gets colder and drier, hydrate from the outside in adding an additional heavier moisturizer to your daily skinacre routine. My absolute favorite? Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Body Butter. I slathered this on while I was pregnant and it was the only thing that helped hydrate my tight and stretching baby belly! It does wonders for my legs too.
- Try a humidifier in your bedroom while you sleep. The additional moisture it provides is invaluable and will not only improve the tone and texture of your skin, it also decreases sinus sensitivity and keeps hair and nails hydrated too.
- To reduce skin dryness, avoid frequent and long hot showers or baths. Try to keep your exposure to water less than five minutes per day. And always apply a body moisturizer to damp skin.
- While it’s important to cleanse your hands frequently during cold and flu season, unless you moisturize after every wash, you’ll experience dry, cracked skin and brittle nails. My favorite and the perfect gift for any hardworking mama, teacher, nurse, or childcare worker? REDEFINE Hand Treatment it visibly brightens, diminishes visible redness, and reduces the appearance of brown spots, wrinkles and thin, crepey skin.
- Chapped lips are often the first sign that winter is upon us. Applying and reapplying lip balm is not the solution for keeping your “kisser” smooth and soft. Use a lip exfoliator at night, try a little bit of ENHANCEMENTS Micro-Dermabrasion Paste on your lips, then rinse off. Follow with a specially formulated lip moisturizer like REDEFINE Lip Renewing Serum. Whatever you do, don’t lick your lips! It will worsen chapping in the long run. Keep a tube of ESSENTIALS Lip Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 25 on you to reapply throughout the day.
- Air dry your tresses when time allows. Blow dryers and heated styling tools dehydrates your hair resulting in brittle, split ends. Apply a lightweight leave in conditioner, like GOLD MINE SHIMMERING LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER by drybar. (I had the best experience at a drybar salon today! Will be sharing my experience on the blog soon!)
- Use a gentle exfoliator from head to toe to slough off dead skin cells to enhance the penetration of your moisturizer.
- Just because the sun isn’t shining, doesn’t mean your not getting harmful UV radiation. Remember, when it comes to your skin, every day is a SUN-day, so apply sunscreen daily to all exposed parts.