I realized I wanted to do more for my family, I'm always looking for something else that can help contribute to my family's future.
#GlowGetter – a driven, busy woman, who strives to achieve her goals in life, while attaining a beautiful glow inside and out.
This week’s feature is one that I’m very excited about! Meet Rachael! We look like cousins, don’t we? We really are not, but she is an amazing “Sister” in this Sisterhood of R+F Girl Bosses! I get to meet the most wonderful women in the business, all through social media, and I’m so thankful to get to know her and share her story with you today!
Hi all! I’m Rachael, a military spouse and mama to a bright spirited, kind-hearted 2.5 year old. We currently live in the panhandle of Florida but we may be relocating again at the end of the year. My husband and I met 8 years ago in Kansas (where I am from) while he was serving at McConnell AFB, his first duty station. Lets just say it took me talking to him first to initiate conversation. 😉 I never thought I would marry a military man. I honestly didn’t know the lifestyle before Kyle. It takes a different kind of woman and a very strong, trustworthy relationship to be able to manage the sudden life changes and the time apart. But I wouldn’t change a thing. I worked as a retail manager for 7 years before having Teagan. Once we realized my unstable retail hours and Kyle’s crazy work schedule were not going to be manageable with a new child I resigned from the workforce and became a stay at home mom. Seven months later I found Rodan+Fields! Starting a business of my own has been a huge blessing. My postpartum acne is cleared up, I have the freedom to run the business how I want, when I want, and to the extent I want. Being a military family and moving with short notice doesn’t mean I have to give up any kind of paycheck. Whereas before I would be stressing to find work so we didn’t miss many paychecks.
1) What do you like to do in your free time and what is one of your hobbies? Since I’m a SAHM I get to educate and help develop Teagan. I enjoy doing learning activities with her, especially when they’re outside. Sensory play is our favorite! I have a bit of a green thumb so I enjoy gardening and helping my plants and flowers grow. This Spring I started veggies in pots, fingers crossed they produce! I also enjoy being a little crafty and making dreamy ribbon mobiles for precious new bundles of joy who come into this world. Kyle and I love to travel! We also like to spend time at the golf course when we can. Since I stay at home this business has give us a way to continue to enjoy our hobbies and travels without worry.
2) What are the three things that are most important to you? When I get asked this I can never decide. Family of course always come to my mind first. I do what I do on the daily for them. But so do characteristics such as respect and loyalty. If one has respect not for others but for themselves as well, they will go far. Loyalty is another important characteristic one can have–if you’re loyal you will have a golden circle of friends, a wonderful family life, and you will walk a strong path through life.
3) Do you think it’s important to set goals and dream big dream?
It is absolutely important to set goals and dream big. With a family most of us think of our children’s future and our own retirement. But if you want to live comfortable and enjoy life you’ll need finances to do that. My husband and I believe in a Plan B and investing our money. With this business I am able to continue to contribute to the household so we can still save money for the future. We have financial goals, retirement goals, and goals for our daughter. We have dreams for where we want to be in 20 years and the lifestyle we want to live. This business has helped us continue to get there.
4) When did you know you were called to do this? I realized I wanted to do more for my family, I’m always looking for something else that can help contribute to my family’s future. I did a wealth of research before starting my business. In that research was nothing but success, a business with a proven track record, and a business that had a product I believed in before I even used it. — Now that’s saying something!
5) Through the ups and downs of your life what is the greatest lesson that you have learned?
I have learned to stay strong and that life is a daily lesson. The down times had me question my faith and always brought me back to asking myself ‘why me?’. Life is a test. We are challenged daily. As long as we stay strong and believe in ourselves we will succeed and see the true end result.
Thank you SO MUCH, Rachael, for sharing your passion and story with the world! I can’t wait to see where this business takes you! You rock, GIRL BOSS!